(Through March 31, 2023)
TXHAF helps low- to moderate-income homeowners eliminate past-due amounts associated with their mortgage loans, HOA fees, homeowner insurance, property taxes and/or utilities, especially those who reside in the 52 Persistent Poverty Counties of Texas.
The most significant portion of funds are allocated to go directly to homeowners who apply for assistance. Additionally, a portion of funds support non-profit organizations providing application intake services, housing counseling and legal services.
In order to effectively reach and serve eligible homeowners throughout the state, including those in more rural areas and in areas with concentrations of non-traditional mortgage loans, TDHCA/TXHAF has 35 contracts with 32 subrecipients to provide application assistance, legal services and/or housing counseling services to program-eligible homeowners.
Of the 32 subrecipients, there are 24 providing application intake services, 18 providing housing counseling and 7 providing legal services. Through 164 physical locations plus virtual and phone options, TXHAF subrecipients serve all 254 counties in Texas, including the Persistent Poverty Counties.
- Coverage across all 254 Texas counties
- Operating 164 physical locations across the state
- Many locations offer virtual assistance
- Subrecipients are hosting mobile pop-up events within local communities
- 3,419 applications submitted
- 1,601 households assisted in Persistent Poverty Counties
- 1,002 households referred to housing counseling services
- 486 households referred to legal services
Meeting Homeowners Where They Are